Wednesday, February 22, 2012

You Always Remember Your First

They say you always remember your first.
Your first kiss.    Your first date.  Your first real vacation.  Your first love.   Your first job.     Your first car.     Your first home.                Your first . . . well, you get the idea.
I have a new first to add to my “always remembered.” I will always remember Angie, the first girl I ever did!
She was mean and evil. All 40 minutes and 25 seconds of her. But I did it. I survived. And while it still hurts to move my arms, 2 days later, I can’t help but smile. My first girl was Angie, and I did her 6 weeks in to CrossFit!
Angie – For Time
100 pull ups (I use rings)
100 pushups (hand release of course!)
100 sit up
100 squats
I was nervous. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but at the same time, it does. I’m not strong. I do 30 pushups and think I did a great job. There was no breaking it up in to sets of 25 each. You finished all 100 of that exercise before you could move on to the next. Half way through I was regretting not doing the WOD or even the WOW. Why did I have to pick the Sports WOD? Why was I so eager to do a girl?
40:25
It’s not a great time. Hell, it probably really sucks. I do pull ups using the rings. I do pushups on my knees. But at least I am doing something. Six weeks ago, I could barely do a squat, 20 pull ups killed me, pushups were my enemy, and sit ups left me sore for at least a week.
Today, my legs are tight, my abs a little sore, and my arms are ok as long as I don’t try to straighten them. But I did 100 reps of each exercise and I did them all in 40 minutes and 25 seconds! Something I could never have done 6 weeks ago!!!!
I can’t believe how far I have come in 6 weeks of CrossFit. I love the strength gains that I have had (even if they are small). I love that I can run up and down a hill with Ayden more than 2 times before I want to sit down. I love that I am not constantly telling Harley to slow down when we are walking next to each other. I love that I finally got to do a girl!
I will always remember my first!
A toast to Angie . . . the first of many girls that will kick my butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment